Sep 26 2012
Water as focus of Fall 2012 issue of Carolina Arts & Science magazine
The Fall 2012 issue of Carolina Arts & Sciences magazine is full of feature stories on water initiatives throughout the College of Arts and Sciences such as:
- Total Immersion: The art and science of water in our world.
- Classroom on the Water (video): Maymester class takes students to Morehead City.
- Troubled Waters: There’s more beneath the surface of the BP oil spill.
- Oyster Culture: Cultivating the foodways of a special Virginia coastal community.
- Fluid Music: UNC composer explores sounds created by water.
– The Future of the Outer Banks: Climate change’s effect on N.C.’s barrier islands.
- Water in the Classroom: Faculty receive grants for new courses focused on water.
- Precious Resource: Scientist saves lives through clean water.
- Water Woes: Top five water worries for N.C. and the world.
- The Old Well: Past, Present and Future. The Old Well wasn’t always old. Daniel Wallace explains why.
To view the full issue: http://www.carolinaartsandsciences-digital.com/carolinaartsandsciences/2012fall#pg1
Some exclusive online multimedia extras can be found here: http://college.unc.edu/extras/