To maintain its role as a national and international leader in sustainability, UNC-Chapel Hill is developing a Strategic Sustainability Plan to build upon the University’s many successful initiatives to date. The goal is to create a cohesive vision for embedding sustainability into the full range of campus activities, including teaching, research, operations and engagement.
The campus community is invited to participate in Town Hall meetings to provide input on current sustainability initiatives and aspirations for the future. Mark your calendar for an opportunity to participate:
- Tuesday, March 31: Campus Sustainability Town Hall, 12:30-2:00pm @ Toy Lounge, Dey Hall
- Tuesday, March 31: Student Sustainability Town Hall, 6:00-7:30pm @ Student Union, Room 3411
- Wednesday, April 1: Staff Town Hall, 9:30-11:00am @ Toy Lounge, Dey Hall
- Wednesday, April 1: Faculty Town Hall, 12:30-2:00pm @ Toy Lounge, Dey Hall
- Tuesday, April 21: Thematic Town Halls, 12:30-2:00pm and 3:30-5:00pm @ Student Union, Room 3206 (themes TBD based on input received at initial Town Halls)
- Wednesday, April 22: Earth Day Town Hall for all members of Campus Community, 11:30am-1:00pm @ Student Union, Aquarium Lounge
- Wednesday, April 22: Thematic Town Hall, 2:30-4:00pm @ Student Union, Room 3206
Volunteer opportunities are available for students. Two to three students are needed to:
- Participate with consultant team conducting on-campus “intercept interviews.”
- Shadow consultant team during initial “intercept interviews” gathering student opinion on sustainability at UNC, and be trained to conduct additional interviews independently.
Interested students should contact Amelia Aboff at firstname.lastname@example.org or via text at 917-696-8677. Additional opportunities for involvement will be available in the coming months – for more information as these come up, please contact Cindy Shea at the UNC Sustainability Office at email@example.com.